As am sitting down preparing to write this blog post I have mixed emotions. Not to say I don’t love this makeup product am about to talk about but I have a few mixed emotions when it came to her.
Yes her …I give my foundations names and at the moment she is her. Anyway, before I get carried away.
I wanted to tell you guys why am into my feelings. I buy a lot of foundations. Chances are if you mention any foundation in the drug store I have tried it that’s how much I love foundations.
It is easy buying a foundation that is in the drug store price range but not so much in the high end. I had to luck with my mother getting vouchers from black Friday.
One of the vouchers were you get R100 off the Estee Lauder Foundation. Now I wasn’t about to pass that up.
The reason why I kept this foundation so hush was the fact that my mother got the incorrect shade. I couldn’t go buy the foundation but she came back with Rich Mahogany deep.
You can only imagine my heart when I got home and I had spent R500 on the incorrect shade. Having not having such good skin for the past few months having a foundation that is high coverage and won’t break too out is a gem.
What it does:
Estēe Lauder’s Double Wear Makeup delivers flawless, 24-hour staying power. Prepare to look natural with high coverage. With a formula that is oil-free, buildable and doesn’t oxidise. With over 40 shades you are bound to find your shade
My first impressions of the foundation were how thick it was and creamy.
- lasting power is amazing, it does stay in place all day through sweat, heat and humidity.
- Very mattifying – setting powder is not a must- I just like to use it as a touch up if needed
- does not transfer when you hug someone etc
- excellent coverage and buildable
- great for acne-prone skin
- Has SPF10
- Can be difficult to remove – try using an oil-based makeup remover instead of Micellar water.
- Doesn’t come with a pump so can lead to product wastage
- Expensive for those of us on a budget (However I was lucky enough to get when Edgars had 15% off over R1200 spends.. watch out for deals like that!)
- Might feel too heavy for those who aren’t looking for comprehensive coverage
All in all, the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation feels lightweight and so comfortable, you won’t believe it’s super long wear. It doesn’t change colour, smudge or come off on clothes and it lasts through heat and humidity.